1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maxim's 12 least-funniest comedians ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportsed, Jul 13, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Seems appropriate that the list of the 12 least funny comedians ever isn't funny at all.

And like someone else said, any list that does not end with 1.) Carrot Top cannot be taken seriously.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

How is Brett Butler not on that list? Her act was Roseanne, only not as funny.

Cripes. Look at her website, specifically under "appearances." That's all you need to know. http://www.brettbutler.com/appearances.html

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I thought Grace Under Fire was a perfectly good show the first couple of years, until Brett Butler got into prescription drugs and the 14-year-old who played her son. That's why they changed Quentins. For a while, Brett Butler was a good candidate for the dead pool.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Can someone post a simple list of the comedians? I can't get on the Web site at work.

5. JME

JME Member

Mencia is terribly predictable and hit-or-miss -- mostly miss. But he's not bad enough to rank with those hacks.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Good call.
    I forgot about her. She belongs on the list.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Every now and then, I'll catch a rerun of her show on a local station. I keep waiting for the funny episode.

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Too true. If you're gonna bag on a group of people for not being funny, you better bring it yourself. This thing reads like the worst work of a college newspaper.

9. dooley_womack1

Well, yeah, if you've lived in nySportsJournalists.com all your life, the Midwestern humor may not resonate. There were plenty of funny shows the first couple of years.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Whoopi shoulda been No. 1

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Gee, I lived in NYSportsJournalists.com all of my life and I found Roseanne hysterical. If memory serves, her show was based out of the midwest. Care to try again?

12. dooley_womack1

That show was about Roseanne's outsize personality and stunt casting more than about a sense of place. Grace Under Fire was the real deal. Not saying that it was better than Roseanne, I'm just saying that it tried to be more real to its setting.

Draft saved Draft deleted