1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maxim may be looking for some staffers on the music side

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 23, 2008.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

February 27, 2008 -- RAPPER Nas was shocked when Maxim gave his new album, "N - - - - r," a 2 1/2-star review - because it isn't even finished yet. "I'm finishing the album now, and it will be out April 22," Nas told Page Six. Maxim has since apologized for the premature review, but Nas doesn't care. "I'd prefer [a review from] Playboy," the rapper said. "That kind of stuff doesn't reach my radar or effect anybody around me. I don't know what a music rating from Maxim is . . . I don't know what it even means really."

2. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Dennis Publishing used to publish
    MAXIM
    STUFF
    BLENDER

Since Dennis sold its US publicatiosn to Alpha Publishing Stuff has been merged into MAXIM and who knows what will happen to Blender. The thing is Stuff and MAXIM would share interviews with the females on its cover so in Jan Rachel Bilson would be on the cover of STUFF and in Oct she would be on the cover of MAXIM with the exact same photos and interview.

MAXIM, FHM all are not credible sources of real opinion in regards to movies, music, games and even gear. Guys buy it for the photos not the articles.

3. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I enjoy the idea of the guy stuck on 80s/90s cock rock telling me where to get my fresh music news

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I remember noticing that, too. They'd have "reviews" months before you knew critics had actually seen a film.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

you referring to me?

Cause I wanted to make sure you were referring to me before I told you to go fuck yourself, hillbilly fucker.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

In other news, Mitch Albom is earning money for Maxim on the side....

Draft saved Draft deleted