1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maurice Clarett

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Blitz, Jul 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Just watched an E:60 special report on Maurice Clarett getting paid $50,000 for a season with the Omaha Nighthawks of the UFL. Former Saints front office guy Rick Mueller is also with Omaha and spoke highly of Clarett. It seems the "kid" wants to show he's on a comeback to bigger things.
    Anyone seen Clarett recently and/or think he will make it to the NFL?

(The show followed a repeat of "The Best that Never Was" on Marcus Dupree)

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Great follow up. Another guy who never was. Clarett has some game in him but at his age, teams are looking elsewhere for talent.

3. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

That feature originally aired last summer or fall. It's accurate, though. He has continued to make stride after stride in his personal life. The NFL, though, will be a reach. Such a great story if he can, somehow, make it happen.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I agree. I just don't think he'll get the chance.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

It ran last year? Wow.
    It shows just how under the radar things can be when they remain regional. I hadn't heard of this guy in several years. I love seeing people turn the corner so I'm hoping he can continue to find success with football.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Yes, he is a perfectly refined gentleman. ::)

http://www.vindy.com/news/2011/may/21/clarett-files-federal-suit-over-march-tr/

He might have a gripe with the police, but he was still driving around with $30K in cash on the same day his brother was arrested for heroin trafficking.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Two different situations. For starters, he's not his brother's keeper. Also, there's no law against having 30K in your car. Hell, he may have been going to give it to his brother's lawyer. Only Clarett knows but DWB (driving while black) is a problem for many young African Americans.
    I know the problems at OSU date back longer than most would like to believe but I couldn't help but think about Clarett when the information about Pryor and the program began to surface.

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

By the way, no on the Hall of Fame for Clarett

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Blah, blah. Another thug who turned his life around until his next crime.

10. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

The worst part about Clarett...he had the potential to be one of the great ones. Watch the 2003 National Championship game against Miami...he pretty much single-handedly won that game. He was so much fun to watch because he ran so hard and loved to block. Wasted potential is always a shame, and he wasted more potential than most.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

$50K is less than he made for a year at tOSU.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Just one reason Mike Shanahan is dying for the lockout to end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.