1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maualaga 'apologizes' to Erin Andrews

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Nobody said she "deserves" it and once again, it is not about "good looks".

It is about the flirtatious way certain people go about their jobs. The female reporter who giggles it up and laughs and jokes and always comes into the locker room looking like a $5-whore -- and we all have them in our markets. The one who does the "ah, c'mon for me...." line of approach to get interviews and what not.

That has nothing to do with looks or being attractive and everything to do with how you carry yourself. And if you carry yourself in a certain way, then don't cry the blues when people view you in that manner.

But go ahead keep making arguments against arguments that aren't being made.

2. Not true -- it just seems hilarious to me that in large part the same group of people who defend slick willy the most are the first ones to cry and scream and yell about any issue involving sexual harassment, real or imagined, and sexual assault being the worst crime any male could commit........

Just another example of many of ya'all being HY.PO.CRITES.
    [/quote]

It was unfathomably ignorant for Bill Clinton to have sexual contact with a subordinate while he was a sitting United States President.

Happy?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Certainly it was a stupid move on Maualaga's part to gyrate behind her. As Sam said, hopefully Maualaga's apology was genuine and he learned from his mistake.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

Said much better than I did. Thanks, 21.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Anyone remember the thought-provoking key insights they got from Erin at the Rose Bowl that really impacted the way they viewed the game? Maybe she's poorly produced. I have no doubt most sideline reporters are. Nevertheless, I can never remember a time after seeing her on camera where I cared about what she had just said. It really doesn't take much to stand next to the star player's family in the stands and read an index card about how special they are -- half the time without even interview them (and those are her better segments). God bless the NFL Network for not having a sideline reporter. I'm not saying they are always useless, but the value of their reporting is consistently not worth the air time they get.

There is little doubt she is on the air primarily because of her hotness. That doesn't mean, however, that there is any justification for her being groped or subject to inappropriate comments.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Just female sports reporters.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

So you agree he was a bad guy and a disgrace, good, now that we have that cleared up we can start working on getting you to admit that smoking bans are a horrible infringement on our basic civil liberties in a free society that values private enterprise......

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Looking like a $5 whore, Zag?

Go do a Google Image search for "Erin Andrews."

Better yet, here, I've done it for you:

http://images.google.ca/images?hl=en&q=%22erin+andrews%22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&resnum=1&ct=title

In each of the pictures on page 1 (that are EA), she is very smartly dressed. And yet, two of the top 10 pictures zoom in on her ass.

9. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Not true -- it just seems hilarious to me that in large part the same group of people who defend slick willy the most are the first ones to cry and scream and yell about any issue involving sexual harassment, real or imagined, and sexual assault being the worst crime any male could commit........

Just another example of many of ya'all being HY.PO.CRITES.
    [/quote]

Along with being female, I'm also a registered Republican. Does that mean I can have an opinion on this? Yes? Okay, cool. I think Maulaga's act was juvenile and inappropriate, and that anyone who defends it by criticizing Andrews' wardrobe is an ass.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I can't believe she would wear something like this to work!

[​IMG]

What a trollop!

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

PoO, do you remember anything any sideline reporter said that was groundbreaking or informative? Male or female, it's a job where they fill 10, 15, maybe 20 seconds of airtime with "Coach such and such said 'X, Y and Z.'"

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And you post this shortly after complaining about others "changing the goalposts," You're trying to move the entire field on this one. So tell us again who the hypocrite is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.