1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match -- and bring your checkbook

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Apr 22, 2009.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Birmingham millionaire takes applications for wife

BY FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER • April 22, 2009

He's a very tall, self-made multimillionaire from Birmingham and ... he's looking for a wife!

But, ladies, if you want to meet him, you'll need a matchmaker's seal of approval.

The Birmingham bachelor, who is 44, drives an American car, wants a family and is keeping his name secret, has hired Janis Spindel, a New York matchmaker with 867 marriages to her credit.

Spindel, whose fee starts at about $50,000, plans to be in metro Detroit next week, "tearing the town apart until I find a wife for a really, really handsome, awesome man."

Why would someone with a seemingly great résumé need help?

"He ... has obviously been working like a madman and looking for love in all the wrong places," Spindel says. "He's had a billion horrific blind dates."
    To apply: go to Spindel's Web site: www.janisspindelmatchmaker.com.

If Spindel accepts your application, you'll be charged $25.

After that, there's a phone screening.

If you're selected to meet with Spindel when she's in town, you'll have to pay another $50.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090422/FEATURES01/904220349/Birmingham+millionaire+takes+applications+for+wife

2. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Sounds like a scam to make the matchmaker money.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

http://www.great-expectations.com/

I walked out as soon as they told me they accessed my credit card to tell me I had the balance to pay for their service.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Shouldn't the millionaire pay for it?

Draft saved Draft deleted