1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Match Game 06

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Holy god, dools.
    Time on your hands, is there?

2. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Come up with our own idea...? I would agree, but isn't how we have been given/treated to/subjected to "America's Got Talent" and "American Idol"?

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I caught one of the reruns on GSN last night, and this must have been the worst answer presented on the show.

Jacques Costeau, the famous diver, was invited to a costume party. So he blew up his wet suit, and went as [BLANK].

The contestant said, "Jackie Gleason."

4. casty33

casty33 Active Member

If I may, they did a new version of Match Game a few years ago and it was awful. So I say leave it alone. I still watch the reruns on GSN, laugh a lot at Fannie Flagg, drool a lot when Elaine Joyce is on and wonder why Brett Somers ever even had a job. Again, leave it alone. It stands up today.

5. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

No, the worst ever answer was this:

6. azom

azom Member

My fiancee and I have become big Match Game fans -- in fact, we're planning to go to Halloween as Brett Somers and CNR. Here's what we can come up with:

Seat 1: Good call on Kevin Sorbo. Roll in with Thomas Ian Nicholas, Lorenzo Lamas, Wayne Brady, Chris Pontius.
    Seat 2: First, a note. You either get Brett and CNR together on the revival or not at all. If you can get them, cool, if not: Laurie Metcalf, Kate Mulgrew, or Judy Gold.
    Seat 3: Martin Mull, Andy Richter, Louie Anderson (give him another shot, please! he needs the work), Bruce Vilanch.
    Seat 4: Danielle Fishel, Tia Carerre, Renee O'Connor, Megyn Price.
    Seat 5: Let's go big, Samuel L. Jackson. Good call on Whoopi Goldberg. How about Hal Sparks or Dan Patrick.
    Seat 6: Betty White, first choice, by far. Good call on Caroline Rhea. Other options: Katey Sagal, Wendy Liebman, Kathy Griffin, Julianna Margulies.
    Host: Chuck Woolery, Christopher Knight, Alan Thicke.

And we've put way too much thought into this.

D-list, people, d-list! With a couple Bs and Cs.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Good work. Great call on Bruce Vilanch. I'll nominate Caroline Rhea too. She sure brings some rack to the table.

Draft saved Draft deleted