1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masters Scandal

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Apr 13, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I like pimento cheese better than PB&J.

Couldn't they have just gone to Sam's Club and picked up tubs of it? Doubt anyone could tell.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Apparently some of these people take their pimentos very, very seriously.

Do they have craft beer at The Masters?

4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Any asshole with a knife can make a PB&J. Any asshole who knows how to find a proper deli and have baloney cut fresh can make a good baolney sandwich.

But someone who really knows what they are doing can make a glorious pimento cheese. The same with a grilled cheese.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

My paternal grandmother made killer grilled cheese sandwiches. My maternal grandmother lazed out and put Nutter Butters in the cookie jar for us.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

A guy on sports radio in Boston got a pass for Saturday and talked about the food. He had the egg sandwich instead of the pimento cheese sandwich so I didn't hear anything about this issue. He did mention that in regards to drinks, they were sold as 'soda' or 'beer' with no options.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Honestly, I love the power move of not overcharging for food.

That's an I-got-so-much-fucking-money-I-don't-even-think-about-it move. But, fuck you if you want it for free.

RARist likes this.
  8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think they added a craft beer option in recent years, but it seems like it's only one choice -- American Craft Beer for $5, a buck more than a domestic. I'm guessing it's probably a local option. They do enough volume that they don't want people to have to hem and haw and make a choice. Take your IPA and like it. Someone who has actually gone, please feel free to correct me.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Trader Joe's used to have a pimento cheese spread that was really good. Haven't seen it in ages, last time I asked they told me there was a "production issue," whatever that means.

I enjoy a quality grilled cheese and good pimento cheese. And egg salad for that matter.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Pick out pimento very carefully.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I loved "Chef" and Favreau's follow-on cooking shows. He comes across as a very genuine and likable guy.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I wish I could find a link to Bill Burr coming in and making a grilled cheese.

I love the “yes, I know this is really fucking good” nod Favreau gives.

Draft saved Draft deleted