1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MASTERS running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Mar 31, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

JB, that's what I said earlier tonight:
    I agree with Alma with the Christian topic. There are those who use it to look good because everyone else is doing, and there are those who are genuine and doesn't use it as a platform. Zach is the latter. The kid is good stock and if he had to, he'll probably add Ken Schall and the Drake golf team for taking a chance on him to do what he loves.

JB, he's our man and I'm damn glad about it. He didn't think or imagine that things would go the way it did today. That's why he feels blessed about it.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've got no beef with anyone thanking God, but I do have a beef wearing a fleece vest under a Green Jacket. Sacriledge!
    BTW - I watched a good bit of the Masters coverage this weekend and despite spending a great deal of time on the "treacherous conditions" I didn't hear any announcer address how the conditions actually affect golf play. Do the clubs feel different?, are the yardages wacked out? and what was going on with the putting? Why weren't the golfers able to adjust to the conditions. From what I understood, the conditions were the same most of the week so the golfers should have been getting better right? I dunno, I was hoping to find out.

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Here's a nice little spit take on Zach Johnson from Jim Moore in the Seattle PI:

But a different 31-year-old won, a non-descript player, a player, when asked who he was exactly, said: "I'm Zach Johnson from Cedar Rapids, Iowa." It rolled off his tongue like Tom Tuttle from Tacoma, Washington.

He sounded damn proud to be an Iowan. But he wouldn't say it like that. Just proud, minus the damn. Johnson is a devout Christian. He thanked everyone under the sun and someone over the sun.

"Being that it's Easter Sunday, thank you Jesus," Johnson said. "Regardless of what happened today, my responsibility is to glorify God, and hopefully he thinks I did."

I know someone who glorified Johnson -- anyone who had him at 65-1.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

So you think Drake's golf coach was calling every single recruit on his list yesterday afternoon?

5. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

The guy who coached Johnson at Drake is now at Colorado State.

6. D-3 Fan

And the other coach, Ken Schall, is a golf pro here in town.

7. D-3 Fan

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah but you know the Drake guy is going to milk the shit out of this. And he should.

Draft saved Draft deleted