1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masters for Tiger

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Mar 16, 2010.

1. "Could" and "should" are quite different.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Will such questions really harm anyone?

3. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Why should journalists be afraid of Tiger or the "Masters Mystique"?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do you have the digits of the hostess at Waffle House?

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You ever visit Amen Corner late at night?

6. I was unaware that golf press conferences were subject to the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Harass me some more and I report you and hopefully you'll get a nice vacation.

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Glad to see this. Regardless of all the off-the-course adventure, Tiger's a great golfer, and to see how he performs after an extended layoff and with a huge chip on his shoulder will be very interesting.

Should make for great TV viewing -- and at an event that has limited commercials!! I'll take it!

8. That's not why. It's because I think it would be grand standing at a certain point by the reporter - someone asking how many mistresses he's had just to show they can rather than because they think the question is going to be answered or elicit a relevant response. I wouldn't go to an Obama presser on health care and start firing Rev. Wright questions at him.

It's not about his feelings whatsoever.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If nothing else, 8,000 versions of "How do you think your ordeal over the last few months will affect your golf game" will be asked. The idea of an "only golf-related" questions edict is laughable.

10. No one has to follow it. But it's their party. They can set whatever terms they want.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Now that your, um, other putter has been taken out of the bag, how is your golf putter doing?

Does that count as golf only?

What do you think about when lining up a 10-footer? All the stuff you ain't getting any more?

Does that count?

12. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

How else would you explain the groundskeepers hearing "Oh God," from the azaleas after hours?

Draft saved Draft deleted