1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Masters experts needed

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by beefncheddar, Mar 18, 2008.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I know the feeling. Enjoy that first whiff of the grass when you walk out on the course.

2. Jones

Jones Active Member

mustardbased -- this might seem like going to the Louvre and looking at the shitter, but make sure you check out the par-3 course. It's a little nine hole kind of beyond the clubhouse from the gates. (You should walk out front of the clubhouse, by the way, and see the road that leads up to it -- although that might be a press only thing.) Anyway, the par-3 course is one of the most beautiful pieces of property I've ever seen. It's small enough that it can be immaculate -- not a blade of grass or a flower petal out of place. It's how I picture Japan.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Thanks for the head's up. I appreciate all the tips y'all are giving me. We're going to check out as much of the place as two people can cram into 10 1/2 hours.

4. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

true that on the thursday no camera thing. But there are so many signs there now, you're an idiot if you do it.

The light at the IHOP, or the one after it (if you're coming from downtown) both take you down the same way.

Buena suerte Mustard. You'll have a blast.

5. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

There's a difference between the Masters stuff and the Augusta National stuff. You can only get the AN stuff from the club house, as in the one the players and members use. It's the same logo, but says Augusta National Golf Course on it instead of Masters. That stuff is available on the course.

Of course, anything that is bought off property is probably conterfeit or stolen, etc.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Rick Reilly would tell you to pack a lunch, at the very least.

7. I'll never tell

I'll never tell Active Member

I've always heard just the opposite. What I heard was: The stuff that comes from the club house has nothing on it. Never the word masters and never a year. Those simple shirts (white and dark green) with the small National logo are referred to as mustard stain shirts.

That crap on the course always has a year.

8. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

No, it has the logo and augusta national on it, no year and no masters.

I know cause I have stuff from the club house my dad bough when he played the course.

Draft saved Draft deleted