1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass Shooting At Newspaper In Paris

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 7, 2015.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Exactly. Freedom of speech is highly overrated, if you're a homeowner.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The point is that I'm not sure I put my family's future - and my life - on the line so that I can wave my dick around and say I ran a caricature of Allah. Yeah, that sucks. I hate it. But I understand why these editors would choose instead to see another day, under the guise of "respecting the Muslim faith," or whatever ridiculousness the press secretary threw our way today.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Anti-Semitism in France will subside as haters turn their attention to Muslims.

4. Songbird

5. Songbird

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

7. Songbird

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Great quotes never uttered by our Founding Fathers:
    "Give me Liberty or ... uh, ... well, as long as ... uh, ... well, ... I have a mortgage to pay. I don't really want to die on that hill."

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

There's a reason they were immortalized. Not everyone is obligated to be a hero. Live to fight another day.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Yeah, everyone here who doesn't have to worry about getting killed over running a cartoon is a true badass.

The point is, the weird focus on the "mortgage" line aside, is that I don't think the libruhl sites that YF is cherry-picking are actually starry-eyed for Mosslem terrorist fist-bumpers. They are just scared.

Draft saved Draft deleted