1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mass Shooting at Brookfield (Wisconsin) Mall

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Oct 21, 2012.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It's a spa across the street from the mall. Spa by the name of Azana. I've bought a few gift certificates at that place, most recently a couple years back for a woman I was dating.

Also, so far no fatalities reported but it appears 7 wounded. Shooter is estranged from wife who apparently works there. Shooter still on the loose and the hospital where the victims were taken is now on lockdown, too.

3. old_tony

Just announced, three dead.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

This hits home for me ... literally. Grew up near that area.

5. old_tony

Reports now that the shooter has been found dead at his home.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

This isn't the first case lately of a deranged guy going to a spa or salon to get vengeance on a woman. Why they have to also get vengeance on multiple other people they don't know has never been clear to me.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

A happy ending.

8. old_tony

I stand corrected. He was found dead in the spa where he did the shooting.

The classic coward's way out.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

i hate that these murderous maniacs don't just save themselves time and bullets by beginning their sprees from the final chapter. christ. heck, dudes, just cut to the freakin' chase. :mad: :mad:

10. old_tony

Today's shooting was only a half-mile away from a mass shooting in 2005 where a church was using a hotel ballroom for services. Seven died in that one. Friend of mine was first cop on the scene. Still doesn't talk about it.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I've been to that mall many times as well. Chilling when you see the choppers flying over crime scenes in familiar areas.

Draft saved Draft deleted