1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Maryland to Big Ten

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by young-gun11, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm not buying those GT/UVa rumors until I hear it from McMurphy. Some throw-it-against-the-wall-and-hope-it-sticks dude from a D.C. TV station is the one currently parroting those rumors. No credibility.

2. I'm really excited about the possibility of UT-Pan American going to the WAC.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

They had two chances, in 2010 and 2011. Didn't close. Now the Pac-12 must wait until 2025, at the minimum. The idea behind grant of rights is to renew them before they expire -- say, once it gets within five years -- so they never run out.

Only thing Texas covets more than money: Ensuring they have far more money than their conference mates. Not sure they would ever fully embrace the share-all-wealth thing. Texas sharing Tier 1 and 2 money equally (as they do now) might be as far as they go.

Draft saved Draft deleted