1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mary Beth is Graduating - Man Where Did the Time Go

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

One that doesn't rinse out easily...

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Yeah, it has lasted longer than BYH and is almost as old as spnited. Jeebus. [/combiningtiredjokes]

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

The second one is a parody. I remember 21 posting it.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I don't know what I;m more stunned by: MB graduating or Shockey sticking up for PK... maybe THAT'S the parody...

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Parody. No fucking way that he doesn't just drive through the unmanned tollgate if he doesn't have exact change. I've done it myself.

On that topic, it wouldn't hurt if IDOT put some signs up before the on-ramp, you know, TELLING YOU EXACTLY WHAT EXACT CHANGE YOU NEED. The only place it's posted is on the tollgate itself, which is a little late. At least that was the case on the one I pulled a C.W. McCall and drove through one in the northern 'burbs a few years back.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

We can all laugh at some of the stuff that Peter puts in his web column but you also have to admit he does have good NFL sources. Here are a few of the stories that he had on draft day:

One last thing: The Saints won't raise their offer of second- and sixth-round picks for Jeremy Shockey. I don't think anyone else is in the game. I think the Giants probably do the deal by sometime early in the first round, but I could be wrong

and the Raiders ... well, you'd think Glenn Dorsey. Any logical person would say Dorsey. But my money's on a classic size-speed defensive end, Vernon Gholston. More of Al Davis' style.

Now Baltimore sits at number 26 for their first choice. The Ravens will try to move up a few spots to pick off Chad Henne, the Michigan quarterback. In my mock draft Monday, I had Henne go to Baltimore at number 20. That's about where I expect him to go. --Peter King

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

One I - among many - haven't acquired yet. And I don't blame Mike.
    Chill with it, and I'm not adding a "please."

8. Well, it's certainly a "stream."
    "Consciousness" is a matter of opinion, I'd say.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Boom's line from one of the above thread links:
    In the early stages of NFL on NBC Pete is acting like he has never been in the end zone before.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

His original columns were all typed on the same long roll of paper, which he got for free from a Marriott.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

PK stories are like telling jokes in prison: we've heard them so much, they're all numbered.

Did I miss the bottled water rant?

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ummm ... I didn't post anything, Moddy. Why did you quote me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.