1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marx Brothers Alert!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 2, 2006.

1. TCM Tonight:

A Night At The Opera (Now)
    Followed by, in order:
    Animal Crackers.
    Monkey Business.
    Horse Feathers.
    Duck Soup.

"C'mon, men, we're fighting for this lady's honor, which is probably more than she's ever done for it."

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

been on all day... where ya been...

3. Crank up the DVR ...

4. At a tournament game with Mateen Cleaves. We were wearing our MSU gear. It was cool.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Horse Feather is a genuinely funny movie. What's amazing is that it made farce out of things that ultimately became huge problems in college football; the cheating. Two favorite lines:

Groucho: Have we got a college? Have we got a football team?....Well we can't afford both. Tomorrow we start tearing down the college.
    Groucho: My boy, get in there and play like you did in the last game. I've got five dollars bet on the other team.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Except for Cocanuts and portions of At The Circus, you haven't missed much. The good stuff starts at 8, Eastern .

7. maberger

maberger Member

universal's 6 DVD silver screen collection is awesome.

8. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Somehow I had missed A Night at the Opera through all these years (probably turned off by the opera element). Mighty fine lines in there.

Still, Duck Soup rules.

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Swordfish.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I've got them all on DVD

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"All good things must come to an end...and if you're good, we'll come to your end later."

"Now, ladies and gentleman, I'd like to perform a little operation I've had a lot of success with. And I certainly hope it's one of yours."

If you're in the area, stay at Barley Sheaf Farm in Pa., now a B&B but once owned by George S. Kaufman and frequented by the Marx brothers. Inspiring surroundings -- with cable!

12. I agree, but the demolition of Il Trovatore from Night At The Opera is my pick for the funniest single scene.

Draft saved Draft deleted