1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marty-Ball Fired!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Feb 12, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

IJAG, I'm sure Kansas City isn't crying. Not for Marty, but they are stuck with Herm!

Replace Wannstedt's name with Norv Turner and we have the offensive version of good OC, terrible coach.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I tossed out June Jones as a snide remark after someone mentioned Mad Scientist Martz.

Vermeil would be a good fit since he's a SoCal guy. I don't see Switzer's act flying in San Diego.

3. True. Although the Bears defense was in the shitter during his tenure. They wasted the best offensive season of the past 25 years because they had a god-awful defense.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Ya know, Joe Bugel ain't doing a damn thing right now.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Dan Reeves.

6. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Kellen Winslow would be a good choice. He could get A.J Smith to trade for his son and have two special TE since they seem to be missing good wide receivers.

7. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

8. Dude

Dude Well-Known Member

Is Winslow, Sr. black enough to coach Winslow, Jr.?

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Senior didn't think Skippy Neuheisel was black enough for Solider Boy, so let's see the old man use his smarts and prove the critics the wrong.

BTW, you should burn in hell for bringing up Rich Kotite. ;) I can do better than that: Ray Handley. :)

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The all fuck-up coaching staff.

HC -- Norv Turner
    OC -- Tom Walsh/Jim Fassel
    QB coach -- Dan Henning
    DC -- Ted Cottrell

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yeah, but some people wait a lifetime for that second chance. If the Chargers happened to want him, given how much NFL coaches make even if they're fired before the contract ends, it wouldn't be a terrible decision.

If he fails, so be it, his college resume would land a decent job somewhere. Just wouldn't be in such a beautiful place, of course.

12. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Don't forget special teams coach
    Mike Shula

Draft saved Draft deleted