1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marshawn Lynch - The Antidote for Richard Sherman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That is correct. Paid the league $50K for the silence, too.

2. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

I'm going to google Marshawn Lynch interviews, but by what I saw in yesterday's exchanges, this guy has the social smoothness of Leon Lett, minus the sweat.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

At the end of an absurdly boring interview about whether he would like to run into people and how many yards he wants to gain Sunday, someone just asked Lynch about line coach Tom Cable. And he said, "Being from Oakland, all I knew about him was he punched people. That's my type of guy."

I really can't understand what the problem is, and I want to know who the PFWA wankers are who felt unable to do their jobs because Lynch didn't stay in his seat long enough.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not sympathetic to the writers, but Lynch is acting like a douche.

I don't buy into this "he's shy" or "this isn't his thing"

He held court at the combine. He cracked jokes, asked reporters about what it was like in a couple cold-weather places and as they tried to bring him to the other room, he waved off his handler as he came off the podium and held court for another 10 minutes.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Combine was what, eight years ago?

You would have a hard time finding anyone outside the writer community who has any sort of problem with Lynch on this. In fact most people would say he has been a delight.

It isn't even like he isn't talking. It's just that he isn't talking ***enough.***

And the stories have been a hell of a lot better than if he had sat there spewing the same blather as everyone else.

6. Mizzougrad96

I never had a problem with players not talking. The first NFL team I covered had several players who never talked, at least not on the record. Most teams during the regular season make a couple players available at weekly press conferences and everyone else was in the locker room. Some loved to talk, others didn't mind and others hated it. One of the top players on the last team I covered, talked twice in five years.

I've read in several places that Lynch doesn't want to talk because he's shy, which he's not. He's not talking because he hates the media. I don't know if that started in Buffalo or Seattle, probably after one of his run-ins with the law.

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

IIRC, he didn't like how the media took things he said in Buffalo and took them out of context, thus the silent mode.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If he wins the MVP, I hope he has the intellectual honesty to mime "I'm going to Disney World."

9. Mizzougrad96

y

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Marshawn Lynch showed this week that less is more.

"We're good Bro"

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Lynch still in Beast-Mode.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000326209/article/seahawks-marshawn-lynch-goes-beast-mode-in-brazil

Draft saved Draft deleted