1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marshall plane crash, get over it

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 15, 2012.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Hope if he transfers it's not to Kent State.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

He grew up in the late '80s?

3. Supposedly .. the kid also posted this to his FB page, following his radio interview.

[​IMG]

If true, there's no way He stays in school.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I think I'd go the other way on this. If he did indeed post that to FB, then he's a full on troll, knew exactly what buttons he was pushing, and wants the attention.

Either way, he better bone up on his self-defense skills: "tip of the nose!"

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

He better have someone start his car after that. Wowee. Yeah, I'd say this guy's tryin to get attention.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Real, real bad idea.

It's fine to THINK such things. You may even get away with SAYING them to your 20-ish posse, whose PARENTS may not have been born in the year of the crash.

But to put it down in print -- online or on paper -- real, real bad idea.

And you deserve everything you fucking get. Stupidity has consequences.

Seeing the FB post -- unless it's revealed as fake -- pack up your shit and get out, sonny boy.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So which snarky website will he be writing for by Christmas?

8. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Does anyone know, what, if anything. Kent State does to remember the deceased students?

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Dear Kid Columnist: The world needs ditch-diggers too, pal.

10. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Eh. I don't neccessarily agree with everything the kid wrote but he makes a pretty well-reasoned argument. It didn't sound like he was trolling.

Empty ritual is sometimes the callus that forms over a painful memory before mortality consigns it to dusty history books. And if the ceremony does have any meaning for current students, it's probably about how fleeting their own youth is, how easily and swiftly it can be taken away, rather than "remembering" specific people who died thirty years before they were born.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Kids like that probably ridicule old people, too.
    The sense of entitlement today is so fucking annoying.

12. I didn't listen, but I am told the radio interview went about the way you would expect. The kid was hammered, hammered and hammered soem more, by the host as well as the callers, until he walked out of the interview.
    Again, I don't know this to be true. It's the what I was told and read on FB.

Draft saved Draft deleted