1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Married guys - yes or no on the wedding band?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, May 20, 2008.

?

Married guys, are you wearing a wedding band right now?

1. yes

84.7%
  2. no

15.3%
  1. markvid

markvid Guest

WHAT? Bet the Dodgers wrote him a nice check.

2. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

But on the other hand
    There's a golden band
    That reminds of someone
    Who would not understand

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

One funny (well, funny now) story about my first, dear ex-wife, Ruthie. The day I asked her for a divorce, she pawned the wedding ring and got her first-ever tat.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Rock on. :)

I see now why you spoke so highly of her.

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Maybe he can buy a replacement off Antonio Alfonseca.

6. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, my friends point that out to me quite often.

Mine only comes off when I'm doing yard work or the like.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Mine never comes off. Been wearing it over 12 years now; hoops, softball, golf, tennis, anything. When I've taken it off, my hand feels weird.

As for getting laid, I've seen that the ring is actually a point of attraction, means you're good enough for someone.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Solid. Damn solid.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Thanks, but really, that is awful. My cousin's husband told me - when I was about 8 - he had a friend get his ring caught in a basketball net and the same thing happened. My cousin's husband took his ring off every time he played ball after that.

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yep. Never take it off. And it couldn't be more ordinary, basically a white-gold washer my wife picked up on ebay for $40. I would have been pissed if she had spent real money on it. If I ever lose it, no problem.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Wore mine religiously for as long as I could - I'm a tad bigger than I was when I got married and so are my fingers. For my 50th birthday, The Queen got me a sweet David Yurman wedding band. AND a sweet Yurman ring with a black onyx stone. I don't shower in the band but that's the only time it is off.

12. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I never take mine off my finger.

My wife had to have hers worked on and it took about 10-12 days at the jewelry shop. Didn't seem to bother her. Kinda pissed me off that she didn't mention it bothering her.

Draft saved Draft deleted