1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marriage Proposals, Weddings and Divorces

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Sep 13, 2013.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Do the former right and you don't have to do the latter at all.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

eh

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

You know why divorce is so expensive?

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Because it's worth it?

(There but for the grace of God.)

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

ding ding ding!!

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

In my 17 yrs of marriage, the one thing I've learned that keeps our marriage going more than anything is that both of us are always trying to make it better by learning from our fights. Saying f*** you is so easy; trying to learn and diffuse the conflict? Not so easy.

My worst b-man speech; I once said the top ten reasons why john married jill; No. 1 "Mom already married!" Not so good. Good lesson for the next time at least. Promptly got plastered and tried to forget whole thing.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Divorcing: The Captain and Tennille. Poor kids.

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/music-news/love-won-t-keep-them-together-%E2%80%94-captain---tennille-are-divorcing-010913382.html

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Damn 39 years! I bet its got something to do with health coverage.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Maybe some sweet-talking guy came along?

10. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

My former boss and his long-time (female) partner got married recently. They have been together for at least 15 years, maybe even longer, and were so obviously devoted to each other they're one of my relationship models.

I joked their cats were upset about being illegitimate. ;D

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I had taken my then-girlfriend to a Thanksgiving family gathering at my uncle's place in Arkansas, and we were walking out in the field behind his barn, getting some alone time.

I started talking about what we'd do together when we were married, and after I'd gone on for a few minutes she stopped me and said, "aren't you forgetting something?" Clueless me. "I think its customary to ask first," she said.

Of course, once I asked she said yes. We made it public on New Year's Eve and my mother did something precious. She gave my fiance her old wedding ring (my dad had "upgraded" a few years earlier) to wear as an engagement ring.

My wife and I been together 30 years now, raised three kids and now have our first grandchild, and she still wears that old ring.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I got lucky; I proposed after 3 weeks; now it's 18 yrs later.

Draft saved Draft deleted