1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marriage made in Canadian music hell

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beef03, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Nickleback has found a formula, and it works for them and makes them loads of money. Again, they don't push any kind of boundaries when it comes to creativity or real in depth lyrics that make you think, but they are a good time, they'r a good party band.

I know I'll get crucified on here for saying this, but many of the metal bands or hard rock bands from the 80s that are widely celebrated as unable to do wrong (looking at you AC/DC, Metallica, etc) fall into the same category. Once they found a sound that worked for them and made money, they stuck to it. Why mess with a successful blueprint?

2. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I thought that was covered with Queen. Perhaps Queens would have been better

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I'm not insulting those bands. I saw all of them live at a Fair and they were fantastic. I'm just saying that's where I see Nickelback ten years from now.

Yes, she was married to the front man of Sum 41 for a bit.

PS: Jealous that you saw Foreigner. How were they?

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Yeah she was married to the lead singer from Sum41, another Canadian band from the last decade. She has been out of the spotlight for so long that I almost forgot about her. With the lack of maturity in the theme of most of her hits, she always just came off as younger to me.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This thread is making me worry about the future of Canada.

6. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Interms of being formulaic, I think so. Now in the quality of the formula, no.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

If this post doesn't get BYH outta hiding nothing will.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Just stopping by to say hello, and that just between you and me, no way does Nickelback stand with April Wine. But, maybe that's just because I like to rock, you know.

And I don't think I'm alone on this. I'm sure tonite, before the dawn, we'll see others opine similarly.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Rock and roll is a vicious game.

And no way do Myles Goodwin and the boys belong with those other bands.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

This unholy union will last about six months.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Fair enough.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I give it one year.

Draft saved Draft deleted