1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Winegardner on the Alabama teabagger and LSU victim in ESPN the Mag

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Fair point, and I probably phrased it poorly. I guess a better way of saying it is that the display of one's genitals does not in an of itself make something a sex crime and the intent of the perpetrator (whether deviant or merely juvenile) should be part of the range of the factors that prosecutors/police use in determining charges that reflect the letter and spirit of the law.

And my comparison to public urination (which the original poster brought up) still stands, in the sense that prosecutors/police COULD charge someone with a far more serious crime -- say, indecent exposure -- if they chose to ignore the context in which it occurred.

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

Exactly. Most of these dooshbags siding with the damn pervert have been in these hazy drunken stoopers, so they can only relate to the teabagger. I'm not a drunk, so I tend to look at things from the victim's perspective here.

Bet if these asswipes would think for three seconds how it would feel to have been victimized by the pervert, they'd be singing a whole different tune.

That dude is going to wish he was dead in prison, especially when Big Poppa finds out what he's in for. He'll be the one being teabagged and a whole lot more. You reap what you sew. Hate it for the little perv.

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

All people who generalize are dooshbags.

4. Doc Holliday

You prove your own point, dooshbag.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Sarcasm, huckleberry. Try to keep up.

6. Doc Holliday

Really?, I had not idea. I'm just so far behind. Dooshbag.

Draft saved Draft deleted