1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark McGwire's legacy takes a major hit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Jan 22, 2009.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://deadspin.com/5136177/mark-mcgwires-one+eyed-baby-brother-reveals-the-not+so+startling-truth?skyline=true&s=x
    This board is laughing at a certain asshole who is no longer here, and we DO know why.
    I am starting to wonder if he'd ever even met McGwire. Funny-no pics of them together.
    I hope a 9.0 earthquake hits one apartment only in the Bay Area.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

McGwire may be a fallen hero, but no one deserves a creepy brother like that!

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

How can something that's already been blown to smithereens take a major hit?

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

By the way, what the hell is a smithereen?

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

"My bringing the truth to surface about Mark is out of love. I want Mark to live in truth to see the light, to come to repentance so he can live in freedom—which is the only way to live. "

Translation: The dipshit's not talking to me anyways so I might as well cash in with a book deal ratting him out.

The only news here is that McGwire's speedo-wearing steroid-using bodybuilder brother is quite the douchebag.

6. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Some shitty photoshop there.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

9. Repped for real talk.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

His legacy was cemented the moment his lawyer told him to say, "I am not here to talk about the past."

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

bookmark

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Smithereens is an Irish word. To my understanding, it means fragments or tiny pieces. Hence "blow to smithereens."

Draft saved Draft deleted