1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Madden column for the ages...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by markvid, Dec 8, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/12/08/sports/penguins/doc493cacafd1b1b173309389.txt#blogcomments

Oddly enough, written by a fat person who's also been suspended for saying stupid things.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That's actually one of the better things he has written, and it pains me to say anything that could be taken as even the a little complimentary to Madden.

But no, I did not laugh at what Avery said.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought he was a greeter at Walmart now

4. markvid

markvid Guest

No, been back on the air for a month or so...but it's failing miserably because they play music in addition to letting him spout his stupidity.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Unfortunately, posting a link increases the number of hits, which makes the paper think Madden is really a big draw.

Better to cut and paste.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Read the comments section of any column he does...it's always the same 3 people...he's not that popular like he thinks.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, at least this time he's not wishing death on 13-year-old girls.

He obviously has a deep, deep resentment of anyone with a vagina. Completely understandable; he's probably never seen one in real life.

;)

8. outofplace

Fixed.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You're giving the hookers a little too much credit there.

10. outofplace

I'm not sure if he still does it, but Madden used to brag about his love for strip clubs on the air.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The last four posts make me gulp a big gulp. :-\

12. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

It's not about the comments, it's how many views the column gets. Now he'll get a lot of extra ones from the link here. Management sees that he's getting a lot of views and they mistakenly think the column is hot stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted