1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Halperin on Obama: I thought he was a dick yesterday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jun 30, 2011.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

To those I've seen in other forums who play the "MSNBC is protecting the unberliberal POTUS" card, may I offer Ed Schultz's recent suspension for dropping a nasty perjorative on Laura Ingraham.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"was protecting" would be more accurate" It has changed a bit since Comcast showed up

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

She's so damn funny. She's very opinionated and loves to lecture.

But, disagree with her and she gets visibly and often looks like she's about to cry.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

With her dad directing many of Jimmy's foreign policy shots, no surprise.

Blood runs thick.

She doesn't belong in the deep end. Of course, if she were really, really smart, Joe wouldn't have her there.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If Morning Joe is such an important show to the American zeitgeist and punditburo, why doesn't MSNBC or Comcast find some secondary network to air it on the west coast from 6 to 9 am?

No one I know out here ever sees one frame of it.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

We can also agree that Carter's daughter grown up won't go down as one of the first "lookers." Didn't she go nuts or something? Went off on some weird tangent in her life?

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Really a stretch to bring Carter's daughter into this thread.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sure that's what they're telling you on Faux Fascist Noise.

9. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Star, have you even watched Fox News lately? You are a great poster and I enjoy what you have to say, but you are way off base here. Fox has tacked hard to the left in recent months...in fact I would imagine you would enjoy some of its programming now.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

From CalBuzz:

That’s Mr. Dickhead to you: Of all the national pundit types we’ve encountered over the years, we can’t think of one who’s a bigger dick than TV windbag Mark Halperin.

In a business where smugness, self-importance and arrogance are just table stakes, Halperin is sui generis, a Beltway phony of the highest order, whose imbecility and lack of insight come fully equipped with an uncommon meanness of spirit and overbearing contempt for ordinary people.

So his suspension by MSNBC, for calling President Obama a “dick” during a live broadcast, drew an ironic standing ovation throughout the newsroom and far-flung bureaus of the Calbuzz empire. And we confess we spent far too many hours Thursday searching for the best-in-class schadenfreude commentary from those members of the responsible online community who share our view. We finally settled on Jason Linkins as the hands-down winner:

There’s no doubt that he’s long been permitted to suck steadily from the udder of conventional wisdom and expectorate the backwash all over the media landscape. And there’s never been any consequences meted out for all those times he’s been hysterically bad at his job. It matters to no one in the media that he is a misogynist hypocrite, a Matt Drudge tongue-bather — or that the clearest evidence of his bankruptcy is the fact that ABC’s “The Note” was never better than when Halperin took his obsequious, insidery wink-nudgery elsewhere.

Sic semper tyrannis.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Always interested in hearing journalists speak out against freedom of speech.

The guy didn't yell "FIRE" in a crowded theater. He called the President a dick. Last time I checked that wasn't against the law.

Could he have chosen his words more carefully? Absolutely. But he has the right to say what he wants. However, NBC has the right to punish him if it sees fit.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

Why? If this was Palin, we'd be pissing on Bristol.

Draft saved Draft deleted