1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Cuban vs. Dwyane Wade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Cuban may be the most media-friendly owner in professional sports (at least the big four) but he's completely overreacting to this one...

Wade may be the classiest player in the NBA. He was asked a question and he answered it honestly. Of course ESPN made it sound like he called James and Dirk child molesters with the way they covered it...

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I met DWade once and he came off as a real cockdiwaffle.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Right to the point.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

See, in Fenian's mind, individuality is trumped by political correctness...thus, you put a muzzle on those people and hide them away.

Unless you're a leftist or leftist pawn seeking certain whacko individual rights from the Supreme Court's revisionist judges. Then it's out in front and center of spotlight.

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

If Cuban was a gay jackass, he'd be a hero in Fenian's book no matter what came out of his mouth.

6. Gubba, gubba, gubba.
    Lookit my toes. They speak to me.
    Gubba gubba.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

God, that was intelligent Fen. You're outdoing yourself.

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

As a Mavs fanboy, I have mixed feelings about Cuban. The team may not have won the Finals, yet, but they've come a long way from the single-digit-win days. I appreciate what he's done for the win column. On-court results are more my concern than off-court irrelevancies.

As for the off-court irrelevancies, I tend to prefer my owners classy and old-school. Mark Cuban, you're no Lamar Hunt. Sometimes he comes up with something perceptive and timely, but more often, he makes an ass of himself.

But I still can't really be down on the guy too much. Even if his demeanor is somewhat adolescent, he's created a climate of fun in a league that isn't much fun and in a metro area where the local teams aren't much fun, either. The Mavs are fun, and that's a nice reminder that it is, after all, a game.

But I wish he could bring the fun without being such a spoiled brat.

Like I said, mixed feelings.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Dallas fans should love Cuban. He's the biggest reason why that team has been completely turned around and the biggest thing about Cuban is that the players across the league love him because he has a reputation for treating guys right.

Can he be a whiny brat? Of course, but the good definitely outweighs the bad with Cuban...

10. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hey Irish, who would you rather have owning your team, Cuban or Jerry Jones?

11. Bingo, although I'm plainly less enamored of the guy than you are, but I didn't live through the eight-win seasons, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted