1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Cuban vs. Dwyane Wade

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/16668352.htm

Your thoughts?

2. I normally like Cuban, but this just smacks of sour grapes to me. Get over it, Mark. Your team lost.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I don't blame Cuban here. If he doesn't stand up for his marquee player, that sends the wrong message to the locker room. He's got to defend his player here.

4. Why does anything need to be said? It's not like Wade ever referred to Cuban with his comments. Let Dirk speak up for himself.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Because that's not Cuban's style. Given how much money he's been fined by the league for comments about refs -- some comments about calls in last year's finals come to mind -- how would he explain being quiet about this?

Dirk might still speak up for himself, but that doesn't mean Cuban ought to stay quiet about it. It's not how he works.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Misspelling his name intentionally is low-class, too.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I'm totally on the yellow brick road with you there.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

How about two big frosty mugs of STFU!

9. God bless you, spnited.

10. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

The more Dirk and the Mavs say they handed Miami the title and lost to an inferior team, the more they sound like whiny arses.

Cuban's a great owner, but there's no way he could stay out of a war of words. He'd probably die trying.

11. Mark Cuban -- The Most Overrated Man In American Sports.
    Part The XXIV

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

That'd make for a great story.

Dwyane Wade and Mark Cuban STFU...nothing further at 11. ::)

We need to make up our minds sometime...do we want characters who give us something to quote and write about or not?

Draft saved Draft deleted