1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Cuban: Bloggers are not allowed in my lockerroom

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Maybe it was the item in The Big Lead that described Dirk Nowitzki's giant dong that set him off (kidding, that didn't happen ... yet) but Mr. Cuban will not be allowing anyone to BLOG! to the future at Mavericks games, no matter whom the writer works for.

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2008/03/cubans-policy-bans-bloggers-from-locker.html

Why have this odd policy? What purpose does it serve?

Discuss.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

To keep people like cremora out of the locker room

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

But wait isn't Cuban the maverick BLOGGER or some shit? While BLOGGERS!!!! generally suck, Cuban comes off as a hypocritical tool here.

I guarantee if they were 38-44 he'd find enough room in the locker room and on press row for the BLOGGERS!!!!

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I missed the explanation of Fozzie bear and blogs . . . .

Any help here?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. I actually thought that maybe the Fozzie thing was something deeper (I like the Muppets; sue me, that was my generation). But it was just a masterwork from Double Down's fertile imagination.

6. How? Cuban isn't using his blog to try to get a press pass.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Care to take this one, DD?

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Holy fucking shit, that's one of the funniest things anyone's ever posted here.

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If you are there with a paper just to blog, there is no reason to have access to the locker room. A blog is supposed to capture the moment of the game. Like many posts on the subject have said, give access to those who need it.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should consider their own positions on Joe Blogger trying to get a credential.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Why's he a hypocrite? He can like blogging and still think that bloggers don't have any place in an NBA locker room, can't he?

The Dooley picture cracked me up, too.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Just a space issue.

12. funky_mountain

funky_mountain Active Member

stitch, i believe in giving access to those who need it, but i disagree that a blog is supposed to only capture the moment of the game. that's a narrow view. dan steinberg at the wash post proves on a regular basis how locker room access adds to the value of a blog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.