1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mark Brunell is all out of money

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I get Magic, but I know nothing of Korver and Keyshawn. Any links to read? I am genuinely curious.

I have been broke for most of my life and I know there is no way I could piss through $10 million much less $50 million. I can lead a very simple life and be incredibly happy.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Keyshawn owned a restaurant in Beverly Hills a decade ago, but it didn't make it

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/jun/16/business/fi-reign16

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know he has to have several different accounts because you can only have an account insured up to a certain amount. I don't know what that amount is, I've never had enough in my account for it to be an issue. :D

I do know his money is not "an investment" it's in an account drawing interest. It would not surprise me if he got some kind of special deal because his family has so much money there.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Looks like God didn't want him to be rich

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If the journalism business has taught me anything it's about how to be frugal. The group lottery tickets were big at my last gig and whenever the jackpot got up to the 50 million mark (there were 20 or 22 of us in on it) I was the only one not retiring had we won. I would pay off my debts, buy a house, the rest would go into savings and I would keep working. Partly I think I would get bored with retirement this early, but I also know that with inflation sucks, interest isn't that great when it comes to you and shit always happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted