1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mariotti: White Sox are losing because of Fag-gate

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chi City 81, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Jay is certainly a better writer than me.........

He's so smarmy, he actually thinks he contributed to the White Sox not making the playoffs.

2. After Ozzie called Mariotti a "fag," the Sox were 45-25 (.643). 15 games later, the Sox had a .659 winning percentage, going 11-4 in between.

If anything, Ozzie should've kept the slurs coming.

3. i'm sorry. writing a column claiming that the sox went into the toilet because ozzie called you a name is indefensible. mariotti desperately wants to be the story. he can't go crying the next time people tee off on him.

4. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

"Hi Kettle. I'm Pot. You're Black."

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's why the Tigers are losing, too!

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

When is this guy going to find something new to write about? I loved the part where he talked about Guillen picking an unwinnable fight with the media. Yeah, he can't win, BECAUSE YOU'RE NEVER GOING TO FUCKING LET IT GO. "Hey, if I get the last word (or 600), I win!" What a douche bag.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I like Jay personally, honest. This column, however, is borderline insane. It's like what some uberfan would say if Ozzie had once told him to fuck off in a saloon.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Michael, I agree with that...except for the word "borderline". Mariotti would need two tanks of gas to get back to that border.

9. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

As much as I do not like Mariotti he has a few good points about Guillen but he should place much more blame on Williams because he left B. Anderson play center field when it was very obvious that he couldn't handle the job. Secondly the trade of El Duque changed the rotation for the worse. Even though Vasquez put up good numbers he is not a big game pitcher or consistant to any degree.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I remember last year, right after the World Series, when Eric Zorn of the Tribune ran a list of Mariotti columns where he pronounced the White Sox dead...he did dozens, even during the ALCS. It was f'n beautiful, to throw that all back in that asshole's face. Someone with the Sun-Times should have seen that and realized that asshole didn't know what the hell he was talking about.
    Mariotti is a little bitch, but the same morons who wanna see DJ Stewey and Sean Salisbury on ESPN wanna see him, I guess.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

...the Heimlich-free Detroit Tigers...

The same ones who are now just a half game ahead of the Twins?

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Garland vs. Bonderman, tonight.

C'mon, Good Guys. Kick 'em to the curb.

Draft saved Draft deleted