1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mariotti strikes back

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Jersey_Guy, Jun 20, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The cat next door isn't as much of a pussy as Mariotti...

2. The Granny

The Granny Guest

You beat me to the post. (Dang it.)

3. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Who turned down whose request? Mariotti refused to talk with his co-worker or the security folks refused to protect Jay? If it's the former, that's one more reason he's a cancer on a staff. If it's the latter, wow, must have been a South Sider moonlighting at the North Side ballpark.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Geez. That's awful for Mr. Marriotti. Must have been terrifying. I hope he brought a change of underwear.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed...

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A great point, and impossible to decipher, given the sentence structure of the quote.

7. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I assumed it was Mariotti's request that was denied.

8. From Deadspin:

What's the difference between Mariotti and a decent blogger these days, aside from Mariotti making tons and tons of money?

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Actually, it's not even a current trend with Mariotti. He's largely subsisted of press box/media room coverage since he arrived in Chicago.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Man, once I started sliding deeper and deeper into the hatred for Mariotti, I can't tear myself away.
    But jeepers, I hope the Jiminy Crickets on this site can handle the negativity...

11. Yup, I was referring to the press box phobia, which seems to be a recent development.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted