1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mariotti: Hawk jinxed Garcia perfect game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pringle, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I was gonna post this, but I didn't want to do Jay the service of giving him more publicity. I wish Hawktard would just beat the shit out him and get it over with.

3. joe

joe Active Member

About as logical as dumbass TV basketball announcers mentioning that a guy is 8-for-8 from the line tonight and then saying, "Oh, we probably just jinxed him there" as if there's a direct cause-and-effect relationship. Makes me want to go Elvis on the TV every time I hear that shit.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. markvid

markvid Guest

I never thought I'd ever side with Hawk on anything.
    Today might be it.

6. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Hey, what else are you gonna write if you're too gutless to get within a 500-foot radius of the clubhouse?

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't devote a column calling anyone out on it, but you don't talk about a perfect game unless you are tying to jinx it.

And yes, I'm silly and superstitious. I still don't step on the foul lines when going out on the field to do interviews. Stupid, I know, but oh well. Flame away.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I laughed out loud at that... and so did this fuckin guy...

[​IMG]

9. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

If you insist ...

[​IMG]

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I laughed at that one too...

11. busuncle

busuncle Member

I'm no Mariotti fan, but I actually agreed with this column. Hawk is such a clown, such an embarrassment to baseball, it's painful to watch.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The players in the dugout or on the field, aren't listening to Harrelson during the game. It doesn't matter if he screams "PERFECT GAME" 23,387 times on the air, either it's going to be a perfect game or it's not, and what Harrelson says has nothing to do with it.

In fact, the announcers on the broadcast have an obligation to their viewers/listeners to SAY it's a perfect game in case they've tuned in late or haven't had a chance to listen from the first pitch.

It's called "professionalism" and "doing your job," concepts of which, Mariotti of course has only the remotest acquaintance.

Draft saved Draft deleted