1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mariotti calls out Whitlock, Wilbon

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by More hideous than Ben Seaver, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Thinking that and writing that before the police investigation had even begun are two different things.

2. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

It's an informed opinion, the info coming from certain, obvious, cultural realities. Nothing wrong with writing it in a column.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Didn't read Wilbon's; read Whitlock's. The essence of Whitlock's remains absolutely true; Taylor was a victim of black-on-black crime, that crime is helping subjugate a whole culture of people. I'm still interested in what made Whitlock start making these arguments, but it's a valid line of thinking.

Cowherd went on his show a few days ago and backed off; his "I talked to black people and then made my opinion" didn't fly too well with affiliates, I'm told.

4. PhantomPunch

PhantomPunch Guest

Here's a fun thing to do with Mariotti next time you're bored:

Tape his ESPN segment. Then run it back on fast-forward and watch his hands go flying anywhere and everywhere. Watch his eyebrows bouncing around and his mouth running a sprint at the same time. Great fun.

I watch it like that and envision aliens watching it from distant space and saying: "Man, some of those Earthlings sure are fucked up, ain't they?"

I don't dislike Mariotti. He raises some good points sometimes.

But it's a laff riot to watch his act on fast-forward.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Except the kid who allegedly pulled the trigger (Rivera) isn't black, is he?

Draft saved Draft deleted