1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marijuana will save your life? Aww, that's too bad.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Mar 14, 2007.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Well, one big up is, with a cannabis provider or if it were completely legalized, you'd know what you were buying, whether or not it was laughing pot or sleeping pot or zone-out chill pot.

When you buy from a street dealer, you dunno what you're getting.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I've decided that, rather than fetching me a beer, every newbie should fetch me three joints.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hemp has so many uses the govenment doesn't want us to know about man!

I, for instance, can build a World War I dreadnaught out of hemp. And have enough left over to make a killer imitation wicker basket.

Stop the hemp contempt! That is all.

(Actually, I do advocate the legalization of weed for non-stoner reasons, but that's just not as funny)

4. Re: Marijuana will save your life? Aww, that\'s too bad.

I smoke two joints in the morning,
    I smoke two joints at night,
    I smoke two joints in the afternoon
    It makes me feel all right.

I smoke two joints in time of peace,
    And two in time of war
    I smoke two joints before I smoke two joints,
    And then I smoke two more.

Daddy, he once told me,
    \"Son, you be hard workin\' man,\"
    And momma she once told me,
    \"Son, you do the best you can\"
    Then one day I meet a man,
    He came to me and said yes.
    \"Hard work good and hard work fine,
    but first take care of head.\"

5. Bubbler

I think Peter Tosh had the most definitive argument for legalizing weed.

Birds eat it ...
    Ants love it ...
    Fowls eat it ...
    Goats love to play with it.

Legalize it!

6. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

We're going to have our 30th high school reunion in a few months, that hard-partying class of 1977. Based on what I've seen of my classmates, excessive marijuana use over a long period of time apparently leads many to turn Republican sometime between the ages of 30 and 40. It is a sad and ugly fate, and I am grateful to have given up the demon weed before it completely rotted my brain like those of my classmates.

I write this to point out that Cradle Robber is basing his judgment on a rather small sample of people, as am I.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Any substance abused over a long period of time will cause a similar sad and ugly effect, although many of us hope to avoid turning Republican if we can help it. :)

Doesn't validate the idea that weed, like alcohol, should be illegal.

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

I've said it a million times, the sole reason this country won't legalize weed is there's no test for it like there is for a DUI. You can't tell if someone has smoked weed in the last hour. Red or glassy eyes don't mean someone's been hitting the hooka. The day they invent that test is the day we'll all be blazin' legally.

And on the original point, yes that's bullshit that lady can't burn. Just shows how much, or little really, people care about others in this, the greatest country in the world.

9. Bubbler

That's not correct. Three empty bags of Munchos, six Taco Bell chalupas, and a mouthful of Starburst is usually a good tipoff.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

There are lots of pharmaceuticals that can be abused which is why you need a prescription to get them and possessing them without said prescription is illegal. Why should marijuana not be treated the same way?

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

What if a fat person has those? Or a skinny person with high metabolism? Both could be stoners or could have a tape worm.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Amen, brother, amen.

Draft saved Draft deleted