1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marietta Daily Journal sports writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by jbednarowski, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

It wasn't the full or part time that was the problem. I'm guessing it was the wanting two years experience for a PART TIME job.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Work experience can be interpreted many ways. Student newspaper experience may be enough.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

You think? Let's use some common sense. Of course it's experience. There are some guys at student newspapers, especially those at daily publications, who are more than capable to working 30 hours doing what jbednarowski is asking.
    It sounds like a good opportunity to gain some experience or perhaps prolong a career. Best of luck to all who apply.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Nothing inheritely wrong with a part-time position. Might be the perfect fit for someone. If it ain't you, move on and let someone else do it.

5. slc10

slc10 Member

jbednarowski:
    I am living in the metro Atlanta area and trying to get back into the game so to speak. I spent a number of years in the sports writing biz until 2011. I am unconcerned about full or part time since I am unemployed. Okay to send an email and be considered?

6. jbednarowski

jbednarowski New Member

Absolutely

Draft saved Draft deleted