1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marco's Needs a Teleprompter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That's the thing I really don't understand. Only someone not paying attention, I mean straight up not even conscious for the last 6-8 years, would think you could win votes by talking up more worldwide intervention. You hear more clamoring about how even Obama needs to bring home more troops, and these guys want to get more involved? Mind boggling.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

You might almost think they were intransigently opposed to every single thing Obama does, every time he draws breath on planet earth, for some far-fetched reason I can't possibly imagine.

Or maybe they just want their countree back, who knows.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hah good one.

To me the fact Rubio could not ad lib shows that he does not have a great grasp of what he was speaking about . Some foreign policy expert probably wrote it for him.

Remember when Palin's teleprompter went out at convention and she did not miss a beat.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

His real "problem" for being VP is that he looks so young.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll take Rubio over Palin in a second.

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

IIRC Clinton had an absolute disaster of a convention speech in 88 and managed to recover to the tune of two terms in the White House. One bad speech is not the end of a political career and I'm sure we'll hear more from Rubio and Jindahl.

In fact I'd still peg Rubio for a strong VP pick this year given how important it will be for the GOP to win Florida

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

In 1988, there were no Intertubes, and CNN barely existed. Apples and unicorns.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yammerring incoherent babbling with or without the teleprompter, what's the difference?

And how much brainpower does it take to rattle, "skeeery skeery M.N. taking our countree, we want our countree back" ?

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'll take Mizzou over Palin in a second. :D

BFD. The staffer who didn't give him the entire speech may be done in politics, but this is a blip for Rubio.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Not that I think Marco Rubio is what anyone needs, but it seems that "experience" hasn't gotten anyone anywhere. So maybe it's time to try something else.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Not suggesting that Palin was a better choice but just pointing out that she was better prepared to deal with speech malfunction.

If Rubio was able to ad lib it certainly would have shown that he actually had a grasp of the topic.

As a sidebar there is something not right about his teeth. They seem to be spaced too far apart. Easy to floss but hard to eat popcorn.

Draft saved Draft deleted