1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marco Rubio: Not a "Natural Born Citizen"?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, May 22, 2011.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I've honestly never interacted with you on here until today. Not once, in my life, do I recall us exchanging words. Not agreement. Not disagreement. Not anything in between. Nothing. Nada.

I think it's, frankly, bizarre that you have such strong feelings about me. Creepy even.

2. Dick Whitman

This is an utter mischaracterization. I am not trying to gauge what voters think in order to form my own opinion. I am trying to gauge what voters may think because, as a newsman, I'm earnestly curious about how the story will affect Rubio, whose name came to mind in a thread about what Republicans could have an impact on the race. I didn't coin the phrase "good Republicans." The OP in that thread did.

Obviously, you are just trying to bait me into a tantrum. It's not going to happen. Try with one of your other sock puppets.

3. Jesus - I only have one log-in name and I even post under my own name. You have no clue what a sock puppet is. Can you see why "arguing" with you is so frustrating?

4. Dick Whitman

What is so frustrating?

(1) Someone started a thread about Republicans who could enter the race at this late stage and have an impact on the race.

(2) Rubio came to mind.

(3) I mentioned that a story broke this week that may have an impact on Rubio's presidential aspirations, at least for now. Certainly he thought so, or else he wouldn't have written a scathing response on Politico.

(4) I wondered aloud whether voters care about such a thing.

(5) You went ballistic.

5. Dick Whitman

Again, I don't think that you and I have ever exchanged words until today. Not polite. Not disparaging. Nothing that I can remember. Ever.

6. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Chester Arthur wants to know what all the fuss is about.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't give a fuck whether Obama's mother had a pre-existing condition or not; I just know that I and a couple people in my family do. And anybody who wants to make it easier for the insurance companies to fuck us over better buckle up their chinstrap.

Only morons would base their opinion on healthcare on whether or not Obama's mother or Rush Limbaugh's mother, or Ronald Reagan's mother or Sarah Palin's mother have or had preexisting conditions. The question is: what will happen if YOU have one?

8. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

you who shouldn't have been allowed to run, at least in Texas, was Bush-Cheney in combination. the constitution prohibits electoral college members from voting for both a president and vp from their own state. cheney, who had been living in texas had to scramble to reestablish residency in wyoming before he announced he was accepting the vp nomination. calvin trillin, when writing about this in 2000 for Time magazine, made the point that though they had worked around the letter of the law they were certainly violating its spirit: "To see the 12th Amendment as anything more than a legal technicality, you have to believe that the framers were trying to discourage tickets made up of, say, two oilmen from Texas."

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

My origins - I was born in Ontario, Canada.

So were both of my parents.

I am still a natural-born American citizen. And on January 20, 2013, I will be sworn in as your new president. ;D

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You'll get my vote!

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Poutine for some, miniature CanadianAmerican flags for others!

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing you'll be an improvement over what we have now. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted