1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

March Madness Block Pool

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by n8wilk, Mar 12, 2009.

1. n8wilk

n8wilk Guest

Moddy you can nuke this thread if it's inappropriate, but this pool sounds pretty interesting so I'm going to give it a whirl.

"In the March Madness Block Pool, you are randomly assigned two numbers between 0 - 9 (one for the higher seed and one for the lower seed). Let’s say you have “9” and “7”. Every time a higher seed finishes with a number ending in “9” and a lower seed finishes with a number ending in “7” (59-47, 79-77, 89-67, etc.), you win."

PM me if you'd like more info.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm in. Although this is completely ridiculous.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

We talking money here?

4. n8wilk

n8wilk Guest

Yes, real money. $15 per entry. First round games pay $10, 2nd round games pay $20, 3rd round games (Sweet Sixteen) pay $30, 4th round games (Elite Eight) pay $50, 5th round games (Final Four) pay $100, and the NCAA Championship game pays $200. There are 63 games, thus there are 63 chances to win.

PM me if you're interested and I'll send you the rest.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I don't see those payouts happening. That's $1480, so you'll have to get 100 people signed up. No thanks.

6. n8wilk

n8wilk Guest

I actually already have 64 locked in. I'll let you know once we get in the 90s if you're still interested. I expect to fill it completely.

Draft saved Draft deleted