1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

March 8th- A Date With Destiny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

March 8th - the day that The Colts must decide on Manning contract.

A decision not to keep him will change the face of the NFL for the next 5 years.

I think he is gone.

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

He's gone.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Not sure how it'll "change the face of the NFL for the next 5 years", whatever that means, but I agree. He's gone.

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Boom_70

Decision will effect at least 5 teams and their draft decisions.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So the strip club is giving Destiny the night of March 8 off?

7. JackReacher

But in the end, it'll really affect only the Colts and whoever signs Manning. But debating whether or not that's "changing the face" of the NFL is minutae.

I've been hearing more about the Cardinals getting in on Manning. Boy, that Kolb signing sure did work out.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

All these who-will-sign-Manning conversations assume that Manning can throw. Trust me: if Manning could throw like Manning, the Colts wouldn't be turning over their organization right now. The Colts wouldn't be taking Andrew Luck as the No. 1 pick.

As a Colts looser fanboi, it's beyond sad to see this day come, and for as transformative a figure -- not just for the team, but the city and state -- as Manning go out like this. But if he can't throw, or if there's no assurance he will get better by X point, what are you supposed to do as a franchise?

9. Boom_70

If the Colts sign Manning perhaps they trade 1st round pick and Luck falls to 2.

If Colts do not sign Manning and he signs with The Jets that means that Sanchez goes somewhere else.

What Manning does effects a lot of teams and the decisions they make.

10. JackReacher

I'd love to see the Jets sign him. Hilarity would most definitely ensue.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I agree with Bob Cook. The Colts waited a whole season for Manning to get better. He didn't. They're the only ones who've seen him throw, and if he could, some accommodation would be made between the two to keep him. If/when they let Manning go and other teams start working him out, leaks about his throwing ability or lack thereof will become gushers of information. And maybe nobody signs him, or if they do, it's for 2013, not 2012, at penny stock prices, comparatively.

12. JackReacher

I figure between now and March 8, we'll hear about a million stories detailing how great Manning looks and how HE'S BACK TO HIS OLD SELF!! PROMISE!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted