1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Marbury goes AWOL from the Knicks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by broadway joe, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Or credit the genius Colangelo for finding a team that was actually dumb enough to voluntarily take it off his hands and assume responsibility for paying it.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Knicks still owe the guy 42 mil - amazing.

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

The Knicks, of course, got hammered once again tonight for their 8th straight loss. Afterward, Detroit's Flip Murray gave this quote:

"They looked like they didn't even want to compete. They were just out there. All you had to do was look at their body language. I don't know what's going on over there, but they've got a lot of issues."

At this point, Isiah won't make it to Christmas. And, oddly, I find myself feeling some sympathy for him, perhaps based on memories of him as a player. The guy is fiercely proud and competitive, I'm sure the humiliation of all this has been utterly killing him. And I believe its Dolan who's the primary boob responsible for destroying the Knick's franchise and MSG's reputation. Until he's gone I don't see things getting much better.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don't think Thomas has an ounce of introspection or conscience. I sincerely doubt he has the ability to be humiliated. The more it is revealed that he is a shallow, callow, guileless, lying, impulsive, aggressive, irresponsible and manipulative little prick, the more he lashes out declaring not only his belief that he's the victim, but the more entrenched his position becomes.

Both he and Marbury are classic examples of the quasi-sociopath, whom society has rewarded with undeserved riches, which emboldens their immature and thoughtless natures.

How many of the following traits do Thomas and Marbury have?
    # Persistent lying or stealing
    # Recurring difficulties with the law
    # Tendency to violate the rights and boundaries of others (property, physical, sexual, emotional, legal)
    # Substance abuse
    # Aggressive, often violent behavior; prone to getting involved in fights
    # A persistent agitated or depressed feeling (dysphoria)
    # Inability to tolerate boredom
    # Disregard for the safety of self or others
    # A childhood diagnosis of conduct disorders
    # Lack of remorse for hurting others
    # Superficial charm
    # Impulsiveness
    # A sense of extreme entitlement
    # Inability to make or keep friends
    # Lack of guilt
    # Recklessness, impulsivity

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Abbott, that's over-the-top nonsense. Isiah has been a train wreck as a front-office exec, a failure on a less severe level as a coach, and obviously has significant character flaws, but he is NOT A SOCIOPATH.

The guy still has plenty of friends back in Detroit, Indiana, and Chicago that respect the hell out of him; the riches he attained from his playing career were certainly deserved, and I'd say quite a few entries on your little "trait" list do not apply. The guy deserves to be fired as the Knicks GM and coach, he does not deserve to be depicted as a repugnant slice of evil.

6. heyabbott

Those traits aren't the ones I say he has, those are the traits that indicate whether one may be a sociopath.

He does seem to have a significant number of indicators that point towards being a sociopath. Marbury seems to be a lock for clinical study in the disease.

7. Jesus, the Byron de la Beckwith Psychiatric Clinic is open on holidays, I see.

8. heyabbott

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, by any means necessary.

9. Yes, because if his family's going to jump on his back like that, they should be white and from the suburbs.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Not my point at all. It's not a race issue. It's an issue that his family demanded money in exchange for Frey interviewing them.

11. You have absolutely no idea the kind of foul historical swamp you bring here, do you?

Draft saved Draft deleted