1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Manny being Manny

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Oct 18, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And the Mets have won how many World Series since 1986? This despite the fact that they were considered shoo-ins for the Series the past two years, and they couldn't even get there either year, never mind even make the playoffs this year?

Mets have done far more underachieving than the Red Sox have in the past two decades, you can't even deny that.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Well, wicked, in their 46-season existence, the Mets have won 2 World Series.
    That's one more than the Red Sox have won in the past 89 seasons..

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was going to be my question.

Paging Dawgpoundiehard....

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

My apologies for not including Cleveland fans. You, of course, correct.

5. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Anyway, what are the chances of Manny having a sick night against C.C. and the Bahston media having to backpedal on their stance of Manny not giving a damn?

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

You mean like, he throws up on the field?

7. Manny's comment does help explain his posing after the home run the other night. Who cares if we're losing 7-3? I just hit a home run!

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Loved this line in the AP story: Ramirez spent nine minutes talking -- 3 in Spanish, 6 in English -- to the media.

:D

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Based on what Manny just did, I'm not sure the Boston media is going to give him much credit now even if he hits three more balls over the yellow line.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Running them out of the first inning was a much bigger sin.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

So, to be clear ... David Ortiz scored from first ... on a Manny Ramirez SINGLE.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

That hit the tippy-top of the wall on a high-fly ball that even the slowest runner in baseball would have had a stand-up double.

Draft saved Draft deleted