1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mandalorian running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 20, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Disney+ Releases New Mandalorian Disney Gallery Trailer

First we had The Talking Dead. Now we have Disney Galleries: The Mandalorian, an eight-episode documentary about the making of the first season of The Mandalorian. It sounds like a bit much, but I will probably watch at least the first episode.

2. outofplace

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. outofplace

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. outofplace

The first episode of Season 2 dropped today. I thought it was a good start, with quite a few references to the original trilogy.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I love Timothy Olyphant. That is all.

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Agreed. You watching Fargo?

7. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

8. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

A friend of mine just shrieks about these references and calls it "shrinking the universe" or some such BS. I love the references to the original stuff. Maybe I'm more sentimental, but as long as they don't always do that, I don't see an issue. The Star Wars universe IS small. Otherwise, these people wouldn't keep running into each other in every episode. I'd think it would suck if you didn't hear Han Solo or Luke Skywalker, or someone in that realm, at least mentioned in dialogue once or twice. I do hope there's an explanation for how a certain someone escaped the giant Venus Flytrap.

TigerVols and OscarMadison like this.
  9. outofplace

I enjoy the references to the original trilogy, too. I just hope they don't allow them to overwhelm the story. Some of the references to the Clone Wars series will be lost on some viewers. For example, the weapon Gideon used to cut his way out of the TIE Fighter at the end of Season 1 is significant.

I imagine we will get that explanation. Hopefully it comes this season.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

My 6-year-old knew what that weapon was. I had no idea. Is the Clone Wars worth watching?

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Seconded. I knew it was him from the voice and walk before he took off his helmet. Other people have noted the same thing. :) It was one of those stunt casting things that pretty forgivable because it worked so well.

If you like Star Wars as a franchise, it's good. Current Chewtoy's eyes glazed over. He likes specific movies and The Mandalorian but isn't as invested.

12. outofplace

I had to look it up. I watched a few episodes here and there and all of the final season, so I'm not sure the entire thing is worth watching. At least one character from that show is definitely going to be on The Mandalorian this season. There are rumors of more.

They are pulling from all over. I did not realize this until after watching the episode but Cobb Vanth, who was played by Timothy Olyphant, is not a new character to Star Wars. He was in one of the novels in the Aftermath trilogy.

Draft saved Draft deleted