1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man loses 27 pounds on snack food diet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think it does. I think it shows that you can at least get a start on a weight program without going from junk food junkie to perfect eater cold turkey.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Dick, I really do understand where you're going with this, but you're ignoring so many realities of hunger and body chemistry and cravings and habits, etc.

Putting aside that most diets don't even work, and the ones that do usually allow some kind of sinning, you can't overlook the fact that high carb foods make the body crave more high carb foods. It's not the one Twinkie...it's the cravings you'll have for more sugar or carbs, the fatigue you feel when it wears off, and the renewed craving. It's just proven science, that's how the body reacts. So while the Twinkie doesn't do a damn thing to you, good luck controlling the cravings that will follow.

But sure, if someone can have one Oreo and be content, why not?

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I just ate 75 Starbursts!

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

And you look thinner already!

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think that my statement, that you'll feel better eating healthy and being active than you will eating Twinkies and watching Jerry Springer all day is perfectly accurate as is.

And, yes, you can eat Twinkies and be active or eat healthy and watch Jerry Springer, but eating healthy and being active is most likely going to make you feel better than either of those options.

After all, no one is better off watching Jerry Springer.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Jerry Springer!

Draft saved Draft deleted