1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man kills girlfriend, cooks her

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

But it's not clear if he actually consumed her or was going to.

Only in Texas?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080107/ap_on_re_us/texas_slaying

2. "We cannot prove that he did," Smith told The Associated Press. "He was either going to, had been or led us to think that he was doing it."

Maybe he couldn't find his bottle of Chianti ...

3. McCuin, of Tyler, about 110 miles east of Dallas, was charged with capital murder. He was being held in the Smith County Jail on a $2 million bond Sunday and did not have an attorney, officials said. He was scheduled to be arraigned Monday, Smith said.

Bond? On a murder charge? Seriously? $2 million and he's out and eligible to cook someone else.

Texas is fucked up.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Death.

But, of course, the poor feller obviously has some mental problems, so it would be cruel and brutal to remove him from existence.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

One week out of solitary and he'll be removed as the guards gaze skyward.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I told my mom that once. Only I had drawn her a Mother's Day present. This is probably different.

I really would like to know what goes through a person's mind when they're boiling their significant other? It has to be something much deeper than, "Now where did I put the salt?"

That's some sick shit.

7. Obviously. I mean, who boils meat? Still, they need to sautee this guy.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Before we get too carried away with the Texas bash, go see which (blue) state harbored Jeffrey Dahmer, even (maybe) tried to return one of his victims to him after escaping ...

That was be pretty f'd up, too,

9. In the 13 years -- 1978-1991 -- of Jeff's killing spree, the state had primarily Republican governors.
    Nyah-nyah!

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And a heavily Democratic state senate and assembly. And Dahmer did his schtick in Milwaukee, which has had nothing but Democrats in charge forever. ;)

11. I don't blame a state for it's citizens, but I do question the fact that the guy has been given a bond on a capital murder charge. Courts have ruled death penalty cases are immune to bail. Feds don't give bond on capital cases.

And I think Small Town Guy's reference was a knock on the original "Only in Detroit" line thought up by he who shall not be named.

12. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I'm having an old friend for dinner.

Draft saved Draft deleted