1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Man From U. N. C. L. E." Big Screen Remake In The Works

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

Great show. You can find episodes on YouTube if you're interested.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Also interesting to note that not only is Robert Vaughn the last surviving member of "The Magnificent Seven" - villain Eli Wallach is also still alive - he also has a PhD in communications from USC.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Robert Vaughn has had a very interesting career. A few years back he had a recurring role on "Law & Order," where he played a wealthy industrialist who carried on a long vendetta against Jack McCoy.

But for guys of my generation he'll always be Napoleon Solo.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Always hated every character Vaughn played - I think because I was supposed to - but I loved him in Hustle. The guy doesn't age.
    (UNCLE was before my time)
    That said - whomever they make it with we will no doubt hear that "X Actor was the perfect choice and the only one who could play this role" in the DVD extras.
    Ang Lee was supposedly "the only person to direct Life of Pi" - but he was the third or fourth choice after others bailed.

Draft saved Draft deleted