1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Man dresses up as Santa, kills at least 9

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Dec 25, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

"great point" seems like the wrong thing to say here, but yeah...I feel terribly for those who had to respond to this. Incomprehensible at any time of the year, but especially Dec. 25.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

From the LA Times:
    He was a software engineer who liked SUVs and went to Mass on Sundays. She was a secretary with a quick mind and an infectious laugh. When Bruce Pardo married Sylvia Orza three years ago, the match seemed ideal -- right down to the housing arrangements: He lived alone in a sparsely furnished house and she had three children and plenty of furniture.
    But the marriage splintered nearly a year ago when she discovered that, years earlier, he had abandoned a brain-damaged son but continued to claim him as a tax write-off.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Apparently he had third-degree burns on his arms and his Santa suit had melted to his skin. He wasn't counting on getting burned in the attack.

But why Canada? Why not a country with no extradition treaty like Belize or something? I won't even attempt to speculate what this twisted fucker was thinking.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Very nice. It wouldn't be Christmas in this country without a story like this.

5. This asshat was being pretty damn thorough.
    http://cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com/2008/12/26/pipebomb-explodes-in-car-of-christmas-eve-attack-suspect/

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

This is awful and tragic on several counts, and I send my heartfelt sympathies to those involved. I guess I wonder, over the time you're dating this guy and getting ready to go down the aisle with him, did he not once show any sign that he had problems with anger, temper, rejection, etc. Seems hard to belief he'd be a model of decorum.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes, no woman has ever gotten sucked in by an abusive asshole before. This is a totally new concept.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

One of the other gruesome aspects of this is how the Santa suit melted on the guy.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Apparently, this scumbag also planned to kill his ex-wife's divorce attorney and his own mother.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081230/ap_on_re_us/santa_shooting

And in other Christmas related crime news, a pair of criminals dressed up as New York policemen and robbed a family on Christmas Eve after tying them up in their home. I do wonder why someone would have $4,000 in cashish laying around their house, though.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081230/ap_on_re_us/fake_police

Crime and evil apparently recognize no holidays.

10. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I hope Santa Claus doesn't come to my town.

Draft saved Draft deleted