1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Mamma Mia!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Jul 18, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Haven't seen it yet, but am very interested in the views of those who have. Reviews seem to be saying "it sucks, but you'll enjoy it."

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It has Amanda Seyfried in it, hence I'd like to see it.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I enjoyed the play, a shock since I don't much enjoy ABBA.
    The Queen wants to see the movie but she's off on a girls weekend so I don't have to suck it up this weekend.

4. dooley_womack1

The play is awesome (and I do like Abba music). I think the bigger "stage" a movie affords will dissipate the constant surge of energy the play provides

5. Moderator1

I thought Hairspray would be that way, dools, but it worked on film. So maybe it will work here.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I kinda want to see it just for the spectacle of Brosnan and Firth trying to sing.

7. Moderator1

The reviewer at my old joint did not have kind things to say about the movie or Brosnan's singing.

8. dooley_womack1

Yeah, the reviews I have seen panned the hell out of the males. Sounds like Gere in the movie version of Chicago.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My mom and I will probably go to see this when we're in Montana next week. ABBA was about all we could agree on when we were driving to Arkansas the night my grandfather died.

10. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Isn't that reviewer the bastard who doesn't like anything?

11. Moderator1

He's not a bastard. He's a terrific guy. Very funny. Very generous. A Reds fan but I'll look past that.
    But, yeah, he doesn't like too many movies.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'll see it. But how can you cast for the movie and not get people who can sing?

Draft saved Draft deleted