1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Mallrats" is horrible

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ArnoldBabar, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Bubbler --

I don't feel like I'm watching a movie when one of Smith's characters starts speechifying. I feel like I'm being subjected to a lecture, about something stupid, that I have not the slightest interest in hearing. Tarantino doesn't effect that.

Call me cranky, miserable, humorless, ignorant, whatever, I don't like Kevin Smith's work.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Blasphemy!

"Breakfast, shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, "The Whale,' they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice in a lifetime."

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

His wife used to work for USA Today.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yep, and I think they met while she was doing a story on him, maybe right before he started Dogma. I can't remember.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought they had met years before, then reconnected when she did the story.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yea, I could be wrong. I'm just trying to remember what I heard on the commentary for Dogma.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I picked it off the script. Darn kids.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You're not wrong, SC. Per the "Evening" DVDs, the two met in L.A., when she was doing a story on him pre-Dogma, but they didn't start going out. The next time Smith was in town, he asked her to the Spirit Awards -- I think that's the name of it -- for an award he was getting for Chasing Amy. They stayed in touch, and she later came back to Jersey with him for good. That is, until they booked for California recently.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I couldn't pick Miley Cyrus out of a lineup, Xan. Let me know when she wants a tutorial on Boy Meets World. I'll be right there.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Who was his girlfriend in the show? And what's she up to these days?

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Topanga Lawrence was played by Danielle Fishel, who lent her voice "The Chosen One." She also worked a little on television and acted on some National Lampoons movie. And she got busted for drinking and driving in November or December. She's keeping busy.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

TTIU ...

Draft saved Draft deleted