1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Male) cheerleaders gone wild at Marshall

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dixiehack, Jun 25, 2006.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

http://www.wvrecord.com/news/newsview.asp?c=180787

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I always wondered where the male cheerleaders stuck their thumbs.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My roommate in college was a cheerleader, and they had one guy they called "Mr. Thumb." Apparently when he had them up in the stunt where the girl is sitting on the guy's hand, his thumb wound up in an inappropriate place.

4. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Go Herd.

5. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Of course, the one kicked off the team is the one suing.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cheerleaders ordered to dress and act in sexually provocative fashion. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now, I would think in the process of practicing those one-hand lifts, that would probably have to happen fairly often, wouldn't it? Simply because of the mechanics of the deal and the realities of anatomy???

I mean, by normal behavioral standards of society, isn't his hand "in an inappropriate place" to start out with??

It would be like a center in football filing a sexual harassment complaint, claiming the quarterback repeatedly attempts to put his hands in contact with the center's genitals, and not only that, the coach encourages it!!! ::) ::)

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

That's funny, yet very disturbing, sportschick. Thanks for the info, though. I've wondered that since the first time I saw a hoist.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Star, he was the only one who's thumb wound up there. It didn't happen often, which is why he earned the nickname and the other guys didn't.

9. Terd Ferguson

Terd Ferguson Member

I had three college buddies that were male cheerleaders. Through them I met and briefly "dated" a couple of cheerleaders and hung out with other cheerleaders on the squad. These women were among the most vulguar and offensive people I have ever had the opportunity of meeting.  ;D I'm not saying this is the case everywhere, but I have a very skewed view of "cheerleaders" because of these young ladies and their male counterparts. There is a culture among college cheerleading squads, as I know them, that would make many sailors and locker room veterans blush. This lawsuit surprises me only in that it hasn't been filed before.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Isn't that the job decription of these "athletes?" Be somewhat provocative? Or am I the only one who sees skirts only going about 1/3 of the way down the thigh?

11. PEteacher

PEteacher Member

Male cheerleaders -- nuff said.

Rid them all. They're useless. 'Specially the one in the White House.

12. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

The rulebook says 3/11th of the way. Your ruler must have been defective.

Draft saved Draft deleted