1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Making a non-money/no beer NFL bet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spikechiquet, Jan 9, 2013.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

My buddy and I are trying to set the ground rules on a bet for the Packers/Niners game.
    We always do beer or money...but that's boring...so he came up with an idea.

If the Packers win, I have to stay off social media for as long as the Packers stay in the playoffs.

I am drawing a blank. He's not big on using facebook and doesn't have a twitter account.
    He works from home, so public embarrassment seems out. And we live 100s of miles apart, so that takes a lot out of play as well.

Anyone have a suggestion? We both don't mind crossing the line as far as tasteful things. But I am stumped.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Loser cleans the winners bathroom

3. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I told one of the bosses at work if the Seahawks and Broncos play in the Super Bowl, and the Seahawks win, I want an extra day off with pay. He said he'd rather bet money.

4. spikechiquet

Psshaw...we are both married. We have wives for that! :)

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Then MAKE him bet using facebook and twitter... 24 posts a day total, no less than a half hour apart so he can't bundle... complimentary to the Packers, the UP or you -- hell, even Hilltop... for as long as the Packers are in -- and he has to tag you so you know he;s done it.
    It's a bet -- make it about sacrifice. If you have to stay off, he has to dive in.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Take a page from the Simpsons, loser has to mow the winner's lawn in a dress. If that isn't possible because of weather or lack of lawn, make the loser get food/coffee in a dress. If you aren't that mean, have loser wear winner team's gear in said situations.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You get a night with his wife.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Make him sit next to the highway with a sign that says:

I CAN FART IN THREE OCTAVES.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Bet him your bratwurst vs. his cioppino in a sourdough bowl, only the loser has to have ingredients from the home locale (even if he has to have them flown in) and has to drive to the winner's house to prepare it.

10. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

naming a firstborn after Joe Montana?

drawing a Niners logo on his forehead in a sharpie and going to the store

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I have made bets with females that didn't involve beer or money, but never another guy.

12. spikechiquet

Actually, I'm the 49er fan...he's the Packer fan...but I like the idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted